Saturday, January 10, 2009

How I began to write children's Bible studies...

Over Easter weekend 2007, God began an incredible work in my heart and in my life. He began burning His words onto my heart. As these words worked their way from my heart to my mind, a burning passion began. A passion to write Bible studies for children. At times the passion is all-consuming and I can do nothing else until I sit at my computer and allow my fingers to fly across the keyboard.

Everything that is here, everything that has been typed by my fingers has come from Him. Nothing has been written by me with ink but by His Spirit on tablets of human hearts, starting with my heart. He alone gets the glory. 2 Corinthians 3:1-6 "Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, like some people, letters of recommendation to you or from you? You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."
(The Holy Bible : New International Version. electronic ed. Grand Rapids : Zondervan, 1996, c1984, S. 2 Co 3:1-6)


My God, my Jehovah, is merciful! Why He has asked me to do this is beyond any of my own comprehension. I do not have a degree in education nor in Bible. I graduated from Cedarville College in 1991 with a bachelor's degree in criminal justice and a minor in Bible. My training in education has come from the life lessons that home schooling three children provides. However, He promises that nothing is too difficult for Him. My job is simply to trust and obey.


These Bible studies have been written with some very special friends in mind. The kids at Oak Grove Community Church spur me on! Their hunger for God's Word is insatiable and I am often at a loss as to how to keep up with them! I am indebted forever to them for allowing God to use them in my life. I hope that they have learned as much as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment